Dear guests, friends and family of Shanti Maurice,
We sincerely hope that you, your family and friends continue to be safe and healthy during these challenging times.
Given the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have taken the necessary precautions to ascertain the hotel meets and exceed the hygiene standards issued by the WHO (World Health Organization) and the government of Mauritius.
Our Boutique Resort has always placed the highest emphasis on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues with high-level standards of cleanliness and hygiene, naturally supported by its generous unique spacious settings in all public areas, beaches and grounds with private villas and spread out suite units on the private 16-hectare estate limited to 100 guests.
We would like to take this opportunity to share our implemented program “MySafeZone” including detailed measures to prepare ourselves to welcome you back whenever you feel safe to travel.
With these essential measures in place, and with professionally trained team members staying in our hotel, we have been very fortunate not to have any cases of COVID-19 in our hotel amongst our colleagues and the guests who are seven till staying with us.
We have enhanced our overall cleaning and hygiene standards to include the following additional steps amongst others:
- All touchpoints in public areas like door handles, elevator buttons, countertops, tabletops, railings, etc. are cleaned continuously with the recorded protocol using a sanitiser/disinfectant. These practices are also in place in guest rooms during the morning housekeeping service and at turndown in the evening.
- UV- and foam disinfection systems with professionally identified chemicals are being used to disinfect the hotel entrances, employee entrances, as well as various public areas and guest rooms.
- Independently audited protocols are in place for staff in the kitchen, restaurants, in-room dining, business centers and conference halls to sanitise their hands every time they serve food or touch food-related items.
- Updated and detailed cleaning checklists, including the use of professionally identified chemicals and agents for all areas, including laundry, are being followed and monitored closely.
- All supplies and materials are sanitised before being admitted into the hotel premises.
- Correctly formulated hand sanitisers are in place in all guest rooms and restaurant tables and at all public spaces and include the entrances, lobbies, corridors, business centers, cloakrooms, etc.
- Pre-stay concierge service to guarantee individual questions are answered and your dedicated needed health and safety requirements are tailormade explained and adjusted if needed.
- Contactless arrival/departure and check-in and out– experience
- Communication option contactless and full brochure free information with our leading in-resort-app including chat and service order function.
- Our limousines and hotel cars are disinfected after each use, as is luggage, before entering the hotel.
- Masks and disposable gloves are being worn by all team members at all times and changed frequently. Housekeeping staff uses fresh gloves for every room they service.
- Beach & pool sunbeds, restaurants and seating in the lobby have been reconfigured to ensure safe distances are maintained between guests.
- Temperature readings of non-resident guests are taken at the entrance of the hotel. Temperature readings of resident guests and team members are also taken twice a day.
- A guest check-in self-declaration form is in place which covers COVID-19 symptoms. Any guest who indicates these symptoms is required to undergo a medical examination prior to check-in.
- If any of the parameters for our guests or colleagues are not normal, a medical examination and medical assistance are provided immediately with our professional agencies and doctors are on standby for sanitisation of all areas should there be anyone detected with a positive sign of COVID-19.
- Detailed Standard Operating Procedures are in place in case of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis where a guest or a colleague needs to be quarantined.
- 100% flexible booking term options have been developed to support the dynamic of travel for rebooking, cancellations and departure changes at any point in time.
- And many more, see a detailed list, which can be downloaded at the top of this page.
To guarantee all standards and protocols are adhered to without any exception, our Resort has a dedicated Hygiene, Health & Safety Officer permanent on-site supported by an independent international certified health & safety audit company and partnered with Mauritius leading health & safety cleaning service company.
We would also like to remind you that if we can be of any assistance in any way at all, please do not hesitate to contact our team any time.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back at Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa.
General Manager & Team
Already booked? Upgrade for your stay
Update your stay directly with us to get the best rates and options. Get access to special upgrades, early check-in/late check-out and an exclusive Arrival/Departure Lounge. Whether you are looking to expand your menu, upgrade your accommodation or plan excursions, the possibilities are endless.
Your stay at Shanti Maurice
Your adventure begins here
Unforgettable moments, culinary gourmet highlights and breathtaking nature. There is never a bad time to travel to Shanti Maurice, but there is no better time than now.